ARTIST LEGERE

"Phoebe Legere is a transdisciplinary artist. Her multi-format artworks issue from a powerful and intimate internal voice."
~The Brooklyn Rail

Sunday, July 19, 2026

GONZOFEST: Phoebe Legere on Hunter S. Thompson: Big-Game Fish



PHOEBE LEGERE SAYS: "Kent over at Gonzofest wanted me to make a selfie to promote GONZOFEST. I suppose he thought I'd be wearing a #bikini, but instead I'm wearing my George Washington costume and a giant Fish puppet. Here I am on the gangplank of the beautiful Waterfront Museum in Red Hook Brooklyn where I am starring my new musical The Fish Who Saved New York! Hunter would love the giant sturgeon sculpture I'm wearing -- Join us - one show only - June 28th at 2. I'm about to paint the sturgeon today - rainbow colors of course. That's a few seconds of my my Lovers Falls -©words and music 2026 by Phoebe Legère - dropping July 4th, my birthday. " #hunterthompson #gonzofest #phoebelegere #waterfrontmuseum #Brooklyn #redhook

VIEW IT HERE:

 https://youtu.be/vohU2ZoFWMU?si=EfAYol6W-Uqje1eE