ARTIST LEGERE

"Phoebe Legere is a transdisciplinary artist. Her multi-format artworks issue from a powerful and intimate internal voice."
~The Brooklyn Rail

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Phoebe Legere Art Opening: Every Woman Biennial

 From Phoebe Legere's Facebook post:

"This is my painting "My Dream is Alive." It is oil on liinen, 38 x 38. I'm honored to be showing this painting in the @EveryWomanBiennial today.

The opening is today at 47 Great Jones St, La Mama Galleria. If you have questions about the meaning of this painting, or the old masters techniques I use - come to the opening! It's going to be amazing. I have to go now because they are making a movie and I'm going to make a statement:

I see my work not as a reflection of gender, but as a rebellion against the entrenched politics of anatomy. My canvas is a battleground, reclaiming our sacred female power of expression. Women are not equitably represented in museums and spaces. So we created a collective action to reclaim our value. What you see at the Every Woman Biennial is the POWER OF COLLECTIVE FERTILITY IN ACTION.
For more of this talk, visit me in front of my painting, My Dream is Alive. BTW if you buy my paintings or music you are supporting the Foundation for New American Art a 501c3 arts education and presenting organization. We are strategic partners with the EWB nonprofit. BRAVA to all! #women #art #artgallery #paintingoftheday #oilpainting #nativecreative"

For more information on Phoebe Legere, please visit phoebelegere.com
and
and