ARTIST LEGERE

"Phoebe Legere is a transdisciplinary artist. Her multi-format artworks issue from a powerful and intimate internal voice."
~The Brooklyn Rail

Thursday, October 4, 2018

The HARVEST BALL FEATURING PHOEBE LEGERE, Oct. 7










PHOEBE LEGERE and
DOUG PROTSIK
at THE HARVEST BALL
Sunday, October 7th
NOON
Center Stage
Starks, Maine

In Phoebe's own words: 

"I'm feeling better...thank you so much for your emails and messages....I traveled 7500 miles this summer, performing in schools, prisons, churches, powwows and little bars...living in my tent...the road took a bite out of me...but I'm getting my strength back...this weekend I'll be performing close to my home in Mid-Maine

"I'm very proud to be playing with Doug Protsik, Executive Director of the Maine Fiddle Camp at the Harvest Ball on Sunday Oct. 7 at 12 noon in Starks, Maine. 

"We'll be doing a program of Maine traditional music, Mi'kmaq, Abenaki, Cajun and Acadian songs... showing that American music has a deep Tap Root in the Native American Medicine Songs of the Northeast coast...


"The instrumentation, accordion and fiddle, is exactly what you would have heard say, a hundred years ago...before the record companies got their hooks in American Music and started manipulating it to make money. 

"We teach children this traditional music ..we must keep playing and teaching so that the music of the Canadian/USA Borderland doesn't die with us!"