ARTIST LEGERE

"Phoebe Legere is a transdisciplinary artist. Her multi-format artworks issue from a powerful and intimate internal voice."
~The Brooklyn Rail

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

PHOEBE LEGERE ART

"Phantom Kiss Over Frenchman's Bay," by PHOEBE LEGERE. Oil on canvas. In Phoebe's words: I painted this after I encountered a Harbor Dolphin as I paddled my inflatable kayak. I was a little alarmed when I saw the fin, but what a sweetie. We stayed together for about an hour."

----------------------------------
In Phoebe's own words: I painted this on a little bay of Lake Ontario in late July. I was so happy..but suddenly one of the coils in my Volvo engine exploded taking all six cylinders with it. I had it towed from Fair Haven to Syracuse Volvo."










From Phoebe's tweet @Legere : I painted King Leonidas preparing for Thermopylae on this grocery bag. #Reuse #Sparta #transmedia